There are currently no vacancies.
What is a Consultant?
Consultants offer advice and expertise to organisations to help them improve their business performance in terms of operations, profitability, management, structure and strategy. Although the workload can be heavy, consulting is a sociable profession with plenty of networking opportunities.
What are the typical job duties for a Consultant?
The work stretches across a variety of areas, including management, strategy, IT, finance, marketing, HR and supply chain management. Regular duties for a consultant are, undertaking short-term or long-term projects to address a variety of issues and needs, meeting with management or appropriate staff to understand their requirements, using interviews, surveys etc. to collect necessary data.
More specific Consultant responsibilities may include:
- Conducting research, surveys and interviews to gain understanding of the business
- Analyzing statistics
- Detecting issues and investigating ways to resolve them
- Assessing the pros and cons of possible strategies
- Compiling and presenting information orally, visually and in writing
- Making recommendations for improvement, using computer models to test them and presenting findings to client
- Implementing agreed solutions
- Developing and implementing new procedures or training
What skills do I need?
- Commercial awareness
- Good numerical skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Tact and persuasive ability
- Team-working skills
- IT skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
What qualifications do I need?
- High school diploma
- Business experience
- Knowledge of data analysis and research techniques
- Knowledge of business software and IT systems
- Ability to develop detailed proposals and plans
- BSc/BA in business or relevant discipline
- Further qualifications in a specialized field will be a plus
- Certification in consulting or field of expertise is an advantage
What hours will I work?
A long client project will involve consistent peaks and valleys of work, with peaks of up to 80 hours and valleys hovering around 50 hours.
Consultant salary highly depends on skills and missions you’re working.