There are currently no vacancies.
What is a Customer Service representative?
A customer service representative will act as a liaison, provide product/services information and resolve any emerging problems that the customer might face with accuracy and efficiency. They will interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and requests about products and services.
What are the typical job duties for a Customer Service representative?
The customer service representative will Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follow up to ensure resolution. They will deal directly with customers either by telephone, electronically or face to face. The customer service rep will respond promptly to customer inquiries and handle and resolve customer complaints.
More specific Customer Service duties may include:
- Manage large amounts of incoming calls.
- Generate sales leads.
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customer accounts through open and interactive communication.
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools.
- Meet personal/customer service team sales targets and call handling quotas.
- Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents.
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies.
- Take the extra mile to engage customers.
What hours will I work?
While it depends on weather you work face to face or telephone, the customer service rep may work part time shifts that can vary to cover 24/7 assistance.
What skills do I need?
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills – verbal and written
- Listening skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Data collection and ordering
- Customer service orientation
- Stress tolerance
What qualifications do I need?
- High school diploma, general education degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications preferred
- Ability to type
- Knowledge of administrative procedures numeric, oral and written language applications preferred
- Product knowledge
Customer Service salary
What can you expect to earn working in Customer Service? According to Payscale, a Customer Service Agent earns an average salary of £16,720 per year.
Other types of Hospitality Jobs: