There are currently no vacancies.
What is a sales representative?
Sales representatives sell retail products, goods and services to customers. They will work with customers to find what they want, create solutions and ensure a smooth sales process. A sales representative also needs to be able to sale the product he is representing by trying to create the sense of need on the customer.
What are the typical job duties for a sales representative?
Sales representatives will work to find new sales leads, through business directories, client referrals, etc. Sometimes, they will focus on inside sales, which typically involves “cold calling” for new clients while in an office setting, or outside sales, which involves visiting clients in the field with new or existing clients.
More specific sales responsibilities may include
- Presenting, promoting and selling products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers.
- Performing cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining positive business and customer relationships.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
What hours will I work?
Work hours will depend on what kind of sales you are doing. It may be needed transportation, travelling, etc.
What skills do I need?
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- The ability to sell and negotiate
- Flexibility: You might have to work long hours, nights or weekends.
- Persistence: Not every customer is going to be a sale. Being able to bounce back if you lose a sale will be key for this job.
What qualifications do I need?
You can become a sales representative without a high school diploma, although high school graduates are often preferred. Sales representatives must know their products inside and out, so most of your training will be done on the job. Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales will be preferred.