There are currently no vacancies.
What is a supervisor?
The supervisor accomplishes department objectives by supervising staff; organizing and monitoring work process.
Supervisors are responsible for the daily operations of businesses that prepare and serve food and drinks to customers such as restaurants, resorts, hotels, hospitals and banquet halls. Food and beverage supervisors oversee all of the issues pertaining to a patron’s dining experience, such as quality control, staff management, inventory, health and safety regulations and customer service.
What are the typical job duties for a supervisor?
- Setting goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company’s plans and vision
- Organizing workflow and ensuring that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks
- Monitoring employee productivity and providing constructive feedback and coaching
More specific supervisor’s responsibilities may include:
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing organization standards; adhering to legal regulations.
- Completes operations by developing schedules; assigning and monitoring work; gathering resources; implementing productivity standards; resolving operations problems; maintaining reference manuals; implementing new procedures.
- Controls expenses by gathering and submitting budget information; scheduling expenditures; monitoring variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Provides quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications.
What hours will I work?
The job of Supervisor is often a daytime role, working an average 40 hours per week. However, as a key part of the kitchen team, you might be needed to work shifts covering breakfast/lunch and dinner.
What skills do I need?
- Ability to learn a variety of job descriptions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
What qualifications do I need?
- Proven experience as supervisor or relevant role
- Familiarity with company policies and legal guidelines of the field
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Diploma/Certificate in first line management or relevant field will be preferred
- High school diploma; BSc/BA in management or relevant discipline will be considered an advantage
According to Payscale, the average wage for a Restaurant Supervisor is £7.39 per hour.
Other types of Hospitality Jobs: